At Village we are committed to ensuring people feel confident to use our services no matter who you are and we are committed to making sure all our patients feel supported and listened to.
The practice holds a Gold Award from Pride in Practice.
If you would like to discuss any of this or would like to speak to someone regarding registration or the practice please contact [email protected] or contact reception directly on [email protected]
We do remind all our LBGTQ+ patient’s to remember we are not a gender clinic and can’t take share agreements from private organisations which are not recognised by the NHS.
Statistics from LGBT foundation website state:
- 1 in 5 lesbian, gay and bisexual patients report that their sexual orientation is a factor in them delaying accessing health services.(Richardson, Jo. 2010)
- 1 in 4 lesbian, gay and bisexual people are not out to any health professionals. (NHS Wirral, 2012)
- Lesbian, gay and bisexual patients are twice as likely to report they have no trust or confidence in their GP. (National GP Survey 2012)
- 3 in 4 trans people have been called the wrong name or pronoun by a health professional (J. McNeil, 2012)
- Over half of trans people feel they need to pass as non-trans to be accepted by health professionals (J. McNeil, 2012)
- If LGBT people have experienced discrimination at any point, their fear of further discrimination will often prevent them from speaking out. (D.Herda 2013)
There is further information and support available and below
Sexual Health: Sex, ourselves and our relationships
Sexual Health: Safer sex and our health
Trans Guide – Support for GPs and Trans Patients
Trans Guide – Name Change & Gender Recognition Certificate V1
Trans Guide – Name Change & Gender Recognition Certificates V2
THT HIV, Sexual Health and Wellbeing for Trans Men – Copy
The Village Practice Recommendations and Check List
Screening Information for Trans and Non-binary People