For patients who are already using a regular method of contraception:
- combined oral contraceptive pill (combined oestrogen AND progestogen hormones also known as “combined pills” or “the Pill”)
- progestogen-only pills (also known as “mini-pill”)
- vaginal ring
- contraceptive patch
- you haven’t missed any pills/patches/rings
- you haven’t had any late starts
- you haven’t taken any medicines that might have made your contraceptive less effective (eg antibiotics, St John’s Wort)
- you wish to continue with the SAME brand or product
To get a repeat supply:
- Do a self check of your weight, blood pressure and other details using the Surgery Pod in the waiting area (click on “Pill Check” module). The information is entered directly into your notes.
- The new supply will be available in 2 working days.
- This supply will usually be for six months.
If you would like more information on different forms of contraception there is a fantastic website organised by the National Institute for Clinical Research called Contraception Choices.
If you are not using any form of contraception but would like to start or discuss further, then please call our Patient Services Team on 0207 700 6464 so that they can arrange a telephone appointment with our Healthcare Professional.