The Village Practice is committed to promoting equality and diversity in all its activities to promote inclusive processes, practices and culture.
- We will strive to work to eliminate any unlawful or unfair discrimination including direct or indirect discrimination, discrimination by association, discrimination linked to a perceived characteristic, harassment and victimisation.
- We will remain proactive in taking steps to ensure inclusion and engagement for all the people who work for and with us.
- We will continue to strive towards a culture that is diverse and inclusive that recognises and develops the potential of all staff and service users.
This includes promoting equality and diversity for all irrespective of:
- age *
- disability *
- ethnicity (including race, colour and nationality) *
- gender *
- gender reassignment *
- religion or belief *
- sexual orientation *
- marriage and civil partnership *
- pregnancy and maternity *
- refugees and asylum seekers,
- people with diverse communication needs
All staff undergo Equality and Diversity training annually and we review our policy and procedures annually
-*Under the Equality Act (2010) these are known as “protected characteristics”.