The Village Practice is running daily Walk-In Flu Clinics Monday to Friday from 10am – 2pm for all patients eligible for a free NHS Flu Jab.
A flu vaccine is given to people who:
- are 65 and over (including those who’ll be 65 by 31 March 2023)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in a long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who has a weakened immune system (such as someone who has had a transplant, is living with HIV or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- are frontline health workers
- are social care workers and cannot get the vaccine through work
Non-urgent advice: Information
People aged 50 and over (including those who’ll be 50 by 31 March 2023) can also get a flu vaccine from mid-October 2022.
More information can be found via https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/flu/ on the NHS website.