What can you do to be more be more sustainable?
As well as the things we are doing as a Practice to be more sustainable, we are encouraging patients to be more sustainable too. Below are some ideas of small, often health related, changes you can make which can help the environment, and which can also often save you money too.
If you have other ideas about what we can do as a Practice to be more sustainable please let us know. Likewise if you’ve thoughts on what patients can do more or less of to help the environment we would love to hear from you. We are looking for more patients to join our Patient Participation Group meetings where sustainability will be part of our agenda. If you would be interested in joining The Village Practice Patient Participation Group – please email us on [email protected].
Using sustainable transport
- Walk or cycle to the Practice for your appointments where possible – we have plenty of cycle racks here that you are welcome to use.
- Use public transport where possible – to get to your appointments at the practice or elsewhere check the TFL website for best routes. There is a bus stop right outside of the practice.
- Beyond Frome, think about using the train instead of driving places and reducing the amount of flying you do.
Reducing the use of paper
- We promote health education messages to patients via the patient information screens in waiting areas, to reduce the use of paper leaflets – please keep your eye out for key messages we share on the screens.
- Patients can also find a great deal of information on our website – whether they want to know about how to register, making appointments online and about our different clinics or services. We also have a new section on our website which is updated with all things new at The Village.
- We are also starting to encourage patients to use online forms, rather than paper based forms, our online forms are super simple to you use and Patient Services can also help you fill them out if needed.
Where possible, the Practice is reducing polypharmacy and over prescribing. We will only reduce medications in the best interest of the patient and may also be able to promote other ways you can help manage your condition, for example through diet, exercise and support groups. Using other forms of support can help reduce the need for, or the amount of, medication prescribed – which is good for you and good for the planet.
Supporting health and wellbeing
We are a Parkrun Practice and encourage you to take part in the local Parkrun, which takes place every Saturday morning at 9am at Finsbury Park home | Finsbury parkrun | Finsbury parkrun.
This is a chance to get fitter, enjoy the outdoors a